If you Google 'banana pancakes', you'll find LOADS of recipes on the internet.
I'm not going to pretend mine are special in any way, other than to say they are quite simply, the best ones I've made and they were absolutely amazing for breakfast on Saturday.
Beautiful, fluffy banana clouds with a couple of rashers of crispy bacon, sliced bananas, blueberries and a drizzle of maple syrup.... Yum!
They are already dairy and refined-sugar free, but could very easily be adapted to be gluten-free as well.
2 medium, very ripe Bananas (mine were almost black)
1 Egg white
120g Self-raising flour (I'd have used wholemeal, but we've run out :( )
1/2 tsp Vanilla
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
1/2 tsp Baking powder
Your choice really, but I had:
2 Slices of crispy bacon
1/2 Banana, sliced
Maple syrup (or similar)
1) In a mixing bowl, sift the flour, cinnamon and baking powder.
2) Roughly mash the bananas in a second mixing bowl and add both the egg and egg white and vanilla. Beat well until light and fluffy-looking - I use an electric mixer and it took about 3 minutes.
3) Gently add a spoon of the flour to the banana mixture at a time, whisking briefly between each addition until all the flour is combined.
4) Heat a large frying pan to a low-medium heat. I wipe my pan over with a little groundnut oil on a piece of kitchen roll to aid the cooking.
5) Use a large spoon to drop 3 'blobs' onto the pan. Leave to cook for a minute or so, until you see bubbles start to appear in the pancakes, then using a spatula, flip each one over gently to cook the other side. You should see them rise up into fluffy cakes. Allow to cook for another couple of minutes and then transfer to a warm plate. Repeat until the batter is used up.
6) Serve on warmed plates with you your choice of toppings
This batter made 8 large pancakes (3 for me, 5 for my man) at 76 cals each (16g carbohydrates, 1g fat and 3g protein).
No workout yet today due to P having to be elsewhere this morning with the car, so going to the gym tonight instead :)