Well today's been very enlightening in more ways than one. :)
1) I wore my HRM for the full cardio workout this morning: Although I appreciate the training zone is only a guideline, by the time I hit 20 minutes running my heart rate was already 'out of zone' and by the end it was a full 20 bpm above my recommended level. I ended up trying to slow down my running and bike speed to bring it down a little.
2) I burn a lot more calories than I realised. On my cardio days, using a combination of MFP and Fitbit adjustment I usually get about 450 calories added. Today using the HRM, I burned 614 calories
3) I finally managed a full 30 minute run AND could probably have done more if I hadn't wanted to get some bike time in as well! Seriously happy with this. I suspect dropping my running speed to help manage my heart rate, contributed to my being able to run for longer. Funny that...
4) Apparently I can't eat as much as I used to be able to!
I was very kindly invited to join a colleague at the Wimbledon hospitality tasting session today, where I ate ALL the things! Unfortunately I didn't manage to try Albert Roux's lobster because by that point I was just too full and still had desserts to taste!! Currently feeling very full and verrrry sleepy...
5) My new electric blue slingbacks seem to attract a lot of attention! (but they are purdy though!)
Walking (brisk, 3.8 mph) = 10 minutes (5, 5)
Running (slow, 5.5 - 5.8 mph) = 30 minutes (30 non-stop)
Stationary Bike (moderate, 90+ rpm, L6) = 18 minutes